- He gets home 40 minutes earlier and in a better mood.
- I have learned not to swear out loud on the drive home (unlike most Kindergartners he knows).
- Dorian doesn't usually punch him in the car. (He waits until we get home for that.)
- There's less guesswork involved. (Will I get to the bus stop before the bus comes? Or will I wait there for 45 minutes before it finally arrives?)
- Less time to hang out with parents with whom I have nothing in common other than being the parent of a public school student.
- No standing in the rain for half hour stretches every week.
I think I can live with this decision.