there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, January 19, 2010



Uncle Jack came to visit this weekend, which was a pretty momentous occasion. For one reason or another, we only got to see Jack twice in the first 3 and a half years of Dorian's life. But now, we've gotten to see him twice in less than a year. Yay for that! You see, he hadn't gotten around to mailing the boys' Xmas present so he decided it would be easier to just deliver it himself. (And it probably was, since it was a giant slot car track which has taken over the dining room.)
We went sledding, had a visit with my aunt Marian and my cousin Chelsea and Chelsea's son Lincoln, and just enjoyed Jack's company for the little time we had with him. Sunday we went bowling before he was on his way South again and I was off to work. And if I hadn't accidentally taken his turn once, he would have beaten me.
I hope this is the beginning of a new trend of seeing him more often. I certainly wouldn't mind going back to Chincoteague this year...

1 comment:

Amanda said...

what is it about uncles and slot car tracks?!