there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, February 4, 2010

My latest project

The moment I have been anticipating/dreading all school year has finally come-- the time to start trying to get Dorian into Kindergarten next year. You may remember what I had to go through to get Sebastian accepted straight into 1st grade all because his birthday is in November and the cut-off is September 1. Well, now I get to do it all again since Dorian's birthday is 4 days after Sebastian's.

I've begun the process, talking to the principal, being told what the policy is, getting past the gatekeeper to an appointment for registration. So now all that's left is to get my supporting documentation from Dorian's preschool, write my letter of appeal, and hope for the best.

My biggest argument (other than the fact that Dorian is capable and ready) is that their policy is obviously not as cut and dried as they would like me to believe since they already bent it once for Sebastian with no ill effects.

We'll see how convincing I can be...

1 comment:

Flapdoodle said...

Good Luck. I hope he gets accepted!