there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, September 11, 2009

He doesn't just have a potty mouth

Yesterday, Dorian wore his new sweater to the bus stop to pick up Sebastian. Along the way, he showed it off to the neighbors announcing, "Look at my beautiful sweater! Mama made it." That would have been heartwarming enough, but then we had this exchange:

Dorian: My shirt says, "A is for Astronaut."

Me: Yep.

D: What does my sweater say?

M: I don't know. Does it say something?

D: It says, "I love you, Dorian. You are my sweetie pie. I'm so glad I have you."

I was speechless and a little teary-eyed. That's exactly what it says.

And then this morning he used the word "muff" at the breakfast table.

3 comments:

princess cortney said...

you gotta love that dee dee. he is a gem. always coming through with the compliments and potty mouth. that is a talent, you know. when that kid gets to middle school, he will be worshiped as a god.

Clockwatcher said...

You're the cutest non-hippie hippies I've ever known. My heart swells with joy!

q said...

dido on cortneys