there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Yes, I have fallen off the face of the earth. Why do you ask?

Remember when I told a fellow board member what was what about how I wanted nothing to do with a certain event? Well, the event apparently is not letting me go so easily. Poor Hott Mama, wanted by diminutive Hispanics and overlarge fundraisers alike... I have been spending the last week sifting through an average of 15 emails a day on this mind-numbing topic, at least several of which require some response on my part.

Today, though, I got to escape to my hobby job and ignore that shit for 6 solid hours. I also managed to:
  • finish that bulky baby sweater*.
  • use the sample to sell 2 copies of the pattern and enough yarn for 3 versions.
  • help some people with their knitting troubles.
  • assist a woman in a one-person fashion show of all the adult-sized samples in the store.
  • sell 5 out of the 6 skeins of this yarn that we had in stock.
  • have the exact same conversation with the 3 different women who bought that yarn about how those yarns usually are more red, but the ones they bought were blue, green, or white.
  • start knitting a sheep, which sounds a little backwards I know, but it should be cute when it's done.
  • make more in sales than it cost the owner to pay me to be there all day which is more than I can say for last week.

And now it is time to fall asleep in front of Mad Men so that I can wake up refreshed and ready to perform the newest installment of nature puppet shows in the morning.

* Whether the "bulky" refers to the weight of the yarn or of the child is anyone's guess. The finished product certainly looked like it was designed to accommodate Humpty Dumpty, Jr.

No comments: