there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, September 28, 2009

Longest day

Today I:
  • got up and helped hustle the boys out the door.
  • wasted the hour and a half I had to myself doing laundry so Sebastian wouldn't have to go to school pantsless tomorrow.
  • went to work.
  • had Dorian dropped off at work where I somehow managed to keep him occupied and do my job for 4 hours.
  • was hit on by a drunk man who also asked me if I sold anything alcoholic at a yarn store.
  • came home for 5 minutes to find 2 messages from the school about how Sebastian thought Christine was picking him up at school instead of the bus stop like I told him 20 times and could I call them to let them know whether to put him on the bus. (No, I can't because now it is 4:50pm.)
  • found out he was with Christine and had taken the bus like he was supposed to.
  • went to the last of a series of parenting classes I've been attending where I could at least sit down and eat a pizza I didn't have to cook myself and have someone else watch the kids.
  • brought the smelly boys home for a bath while I folded the laundry.
  • read aloud another chapter in Ralph S. Mouse, a book that just isn't doing it for me but is almost done, thank god.
  • put those kids to bed. (Fingers crossed that Sebastian actually sleeps after a cup of caffeinated root beer-- thank you very much, babysitters.)
  • collapsed on the couch.

Good night.

No comments: