there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

My work here is done. Well, almost. I mean... sort of.

Today was the last All School Sing of the school year. Rock and Roll. Outside. I helped one of Sebastian's classmates win the dance contest. It was fun.

Then I went to a 2 hour (reduced from 3) meeting of the mostly new and slightly improved PTA board of which I am now Treasurer. It went reasonably smoothly and I only said "Keep It Simple Stupid" once and cussed 3 times, so it was better than I expected. Especially since I didn't cuss at anyone. I am currently under the impression that, after meeting with the former treasurer next week to get the lowdown on the books, I don't have to do anything PTA related until mid-August.

Tomorrow is my last healthy snack day of the year. And Friday is the last day of school until August 31. I am picking up the boy and we are kicking off the summer right and proper.

(Try not to remind me about how I will have 2 kids on my hands and lots of chauffeuring to camps. I am keeping my eyes on the sipping Dr. Pepper lakeside aspect of summer...)

No comments: