there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, June 23, 2009

What happens when your baby goes to camp and your husband goes out for a drink

Yesterday, I became the sort of mother who freaks out that her "baby" is growing up. That's right. Look at him, so eager to leave me and go be with other younger, fresher, teenagerier women. This morning, he was in such a rush I had to holler to him to come back and give his Mama a kiss goodbye. Of course, I am proud of my independent boy, I just wish he had the sense to be more diplomatic and at least pretend he would miss me for those 2 and a half hours.
And then I reached my lowest low when Jeremy went out for a drink with a former co-worker. I... (Please forgive me!) watched... (I was bored and needed something in the background while I was knitting!) a certain show... (I swear it will never happen again!) on TLC... (It was a mistake, I admit it!) about a certain family and now the parents are getting a divorce. There! The truth is out. Man, that show sucks. I felt dirty just being in the same room with it.

3 comments:

q said...

ha ha! you are sooooo middle America.

hazzardous topics said...

I love the little image of Jer in the background headed to work.

Flapdoodle said...

I go online. I go to my newsfeed. I notice a bit of news emerging from Iran...and I click on the story about the shiny-faced couple that drip with children getting a divorce. I am getting played and I know it.