there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Another day older and deeper in debt

I accomplished most of my list today. Maybe more. I made my calls, but had to leave messages. But most importantly, I bought the refrigerator. It was pretty painless considering I had to find one that was both small enough to fit in our pantry and large enough to hold food for a family of 4. Oh, and it needed to be reasonably priced.


Done and done. It arrives Tuesday.


The kids had fun at the lake, which they deserved after being dragged around on endless errands and being forced to watch DVDs while we work. And work we did. Jeremy and I spent 2.5 hours stripping more wallpaper and spackling. Now 1.67 walls are totally ready to paint. We're getting there.


Tomorrow is floor sanding day. I'm not overly excited about this task. Especially now that I think we will just repaint the floors instead of trying to get them back to wood. I also get to meet with a man about converting our furnace to a power vent instead of using the leaky, tipping chimney which will kill us all with carbon monoxide.

We will soon be penniless. Remember when we were debt-free? Boy, those were the days, huh?

Thank you all for your support and offers of help. Don't be surprised if I take you up on them!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, congrats!!!
We are in Maine but did a drive by on Sat. and saw your house...looks great!
My mom will have the kids Labor Day weekend so let me know if you will want help!
K