there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, August 9, 2008

I may still be a "flatlander" but...

I think I am officially now a New Englander. Despite temperatures topping out at about 70 degrees before the windchill, I did go boogie boarding at every opportunity in water I'm estimating as being about 65 degrees.

The weather for our trip left a little to be desired, but we made the best of it and had a really good time. My sore elbows are finally better (who knew boogie boarding was so tough on the joints?) and I'm gearing up for 2 weeks of home renovation starting Tuesday. Well, 2 weeks before we move in. Then, at least 2 years after that. I'm so optimistic it borders on insanity.

Our closing is first thing Tuesday morning, so by lunch time Jeremy and I will be homeowners! At least his business trip for this week was cancelled. That gives me more opportunity to get some work done. I have my calendar all worked out and I'm going to do my best to stick to it. I've got some terrific friends all lined up to help me and I guarantee to return the favor at the earliest opportunity.

I'll do my level best to keep you all updated, but the rest of the month is going to be nutty getting the house ready and possibly sending Sebastian to school. Keep your fingers crossed (Kathrin, hold your thumb) that I don't pull down the wall with the wallpaper!

No comments: