there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, August 17, 2008

Let's hear it for the boys

So, not only do I have the best girlfriends in the world, but their men are super awesome, too. Last night, while I was getting covered in horrible dust from pulling down the ceiling, Quinn's fiance Rob was helping Jeremy prime the kitchen. And they didn't give up until the wee hours when the work was complete, so that was good. Cortney and her honey are slated to help us move in next Sunday, so Dustin gets to help, too.

And the reason I was pulling down the ceiling was that Amanda and Christine's misters, Nathan and Stephen, were coming today to replace said ceiling with brand spanking new sheetrock.
You probably remember this hole:
Which I spent a horrible couple of hours expanding to look like this: And this:

Which Nathan finished off because he is far more fantastic at demolition work than I could ever hope to be. (Lucky him.) Then, when all the really dirty work was done, Stephen waltzed in to help slap up a new ceiling. And here it is:Meanwhile, I was learning how to cut sheetrock to repair a big hole where the refrigerator will go and painting the the pantry. Voila! I still need to do a second coat and paint the shelves white. The top has 2 coats already.

And this is what the boys' room looks like after priming. It should be a smidgen darker blue when it's all done tomorrow night. That's when the kitchen will also be painted. I can't wait!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So exciting! It looks great!
What did they do with all of those hooks?????
K

Hott Mama said...

Diane enlightened me today regarding the hooks in the pantry. They are utensil hooks. Lots and lots of utensil hooks to make up for the complete lack of drawers.