there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Another busy day in a string of busy days

My day started bright and early when the boys' experiment in sharing a bed went terribly wrong. So, I decided to make the best of it and knit myself a hat from my new yarn.

Then, we went for a scenic drive. Probably 90% of my drives could be termed "scenic" (I go through a covered bridge to get to Sebastian's school for chrissakes) but we thought we'd enjoy the foliage. After lunch, we came home so I could caulk.

Then, Jeremy helped me dice lots of apples so that I could can them. And here they are:

While the apples were cooking, I was knitting some wristlets to match the hat. I am not so magical that they are done, but they are about 2/3 knit and then I just need to sew them up. Then I can start the charcoal grey scarf.

And after I put the kids to bed, I made the valances for the kitchen windows:

And now I'm very, very tired.

No comments: