there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, October 20, 2008

I'm running out of time!

Why did I think that things would slow down after August? That will be my busy month, I said, and then it will be smooth sailing. Well, I neglected to remember how much work it takes to keep a sailboat afloat and on course, I guess.

The calendar is full. November's calendar is beyond full. And I still need to dig next year's vegetable garden and sew some Halloween costumes!

I'm hoping to be able to get the necessary supplies to start on the garden today. This town is over-run with stray cats and cats who have homes but run the streets all day and have nothing better to do than poop in my garden and the dirt floor of my garage. Naughty kitties! So I can't just dig a garden. Oh, no. I need to also put fencing around the garden when I'm done. So, it is off to the salvage yard and the hardware store for me.

Meanwhile, I need to get to making a couple of costumes for the kids, one of whom is quite settled on his costume and the other of whom keeps trying to convince me he needs to be a Powerpuff Girl. (Go ahead and guess.) But the one who is settled wants to unnecessarily paint his face and keeps changing his mind about what color. Naughty kiddies! Then my husband has a grand idea which involves my cutting his hair twice in 2 days. (Go ahead and try to figure his costume out.)

I also have to find time today to prepare for the nature program/puppet show at school tomorrow. Sorry guys, there will be no video. Jeremy has to chase the DeeDee at home. It's just pictures on sticks for puppets anyway. You aren't missing much. (You can see a preview here.) But I also need to get my hands on some wax paper to prepare for the lesson on leaves.

And I still need to finish my blanket because it is mighty cold at night now.

I have my hands full.


Luckily for me, I also had my mouth full-- of the first pumpkin pie of the season, seen here with a steamy apple pie for Sebastian. The fool does not like pumpkin pie. Not my child.

No comments: