there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Dinky's Peabrain reaches new heights!

Last night, while Jeremy and I were rockin' out as Dinky's Peabrain, our RockBand, things were not going so well. I actually failed while singing some shit song during a mystery setlist. (Only once, and we still got 4 stars, but I still don't like failing.) Then I tried to step it up to Medium level drumming, and while there was no failing, it was definitely a trial. So after 7 mystery songs, we decided to finish our evening with a 3 song Make a Setlist of "Today", "My Own Worst Enemy" and "Come Out and Play (Keep 'Em Separated)".

We both chose Expert, me singing and Jeremy on drums. We got 5 stars on "Today" although I only got 82%, but I guarantee you Billy Corgan himself couldn't do that well himself. Then, the magic happened...

On the last 2 songs, we not only got 5 stars, but 5 gold stars. I have to assume that sort of reward is reserved only for doing an almost perfect job on Expert. (We both got 99%.)

Made my weekend.

No comments: