there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

There really will be days like this...

But WHY? Why must there?

So far today I have:
  • Gotten my ass out of bed early to go in for healthy snack.
  • Found out there was nothing to chop up for said snack.
  • Had an unpleasant conversation with Mr. S's teacher.
  • Made an appointment to speak to the principal tomorrow.
  • Been bewildered and frightened by the recent addition of pop-up ads on my computer, despite the pop-up blocker.
  • Vacuumed 10 lbs of granola and cereal products from under the dining room table.
  • Took Dorian out for a treat and was subjected to people at the next table commenting on my letting him sip my coffee. (It's decaf, people! Relax!)
  • Discovered that my car is making a horrible groaning sound.
  • Made an appointment that isn't until next week to address the car problem, leaving me to wonder how to get to my talk with the principal.

And what will be next? I'll probably burn dinner, break a dish, be vomited on and then sulk through a special 2 hour diva fit on ANTM. Oh, bedtime, come quickly....

No comments: