there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

If only I had some more flowers to take my mind off of things...

Thanks to the home colonoscopy that the plumber performed today (without drugs, mind you) I now know that our sewer pipe is broken 7 feet below the sidewalk. And, because I love hanging around the house waiting for workmen and having nothing to do but housework that I can't do with no water, I will get to hang around again all day tomorrow (4 days in a row!) while they excavate part of my yard, including taking down part of my beautiful fence (which, somewhat luckily, was not to blame for this problem, as was suspected). All this joy for the low, low price of a few thousand dollars!

Remember how I wished so long and hard that I owned my own home? Well, strangely enough, I'm still happy that I do. But I will be more careful in the future about mentioning how lucky I have been that everything has been less expensive than anticipated. (I am still thankful that it was, though, or we certainly couldn't afford this little disaster. And I'm not sure we can, but we'll have to.)

At least I'll have the shitty PTA meeting to distract me this evening. Nothing like a cat fight over who gets to be president next year to help you forget your blocked up pipes and your hemorrhaging savings...

1 comment:

Listmaker said...

hott mama for pta president!!