there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, April 17, 2009

More monkey wrenches than necessary

For months we have been planning a trip south to visit my grandmothers. Then Listmaker and Youthlarge decided to contribute 2 more people to the world whom I would love to meet, so they were added to our list of stops along the way. Then my brother decided to go to Puerto Rico and was removed from the list, only to be added again last week when he changed his mind. Finally, the itinerary was complete and all I needed to do was pack.

Well, now my mother is proclaiming 3 days of rain, and the children spent the night coughing. I spent the day in total denial, pretending it was just allergies bugging the boys. No such luck. Sebastian is a pale, lethargic bundle and Dorian is a weepy eyed sniffler.* Only tomorrow morning will tell whether we should make the trip and infect newborns and the elderly up and down the east coast.

At least at school today I got to see the awesomest variety show finale ever.

*Do not fret, Listmaker. I will not endanger those little peanuts.

No comments: