there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, April 2, 2009

Folks, we have a winner!

Dorian and I visited a preschool yesterday and it looks like it will be Dorian's stomping ground for 2 mornings a week starting this fall. So who is the winner? Me, of course, because I will be getting 8 blessed hours to myself every week after 7 long years of having at least one child hanging on me at all times. Dorian will also be a winner since it seems like a really nice program.
Here's what it has going for it:
  • It shares a parking lot with Sebastian's school, so drop-off will be easy-peasy. (Especially since Jeremy can do it and I can still be in my slippers.)
  • It shares a schedule with Sebastian's school, so they will have all the same holidays and snow days.
  • It runs from 8:30-12:30. 4 hours is better than the 3 you usually get from half-day programs that run 9-12.
  • We can do just 2 days a week, which I think is plenty, as opposed to the preschool Sebastian attended that requires 5 days.
  • The teachers were all really awesome and I was very impressed with the way they managed the class.
  • It is a small space, but well organized and not cramped.
  • There are 3 teachers for 15-16 kids. Sebastian's class had 2 for 20.
  • It is way cheaper than Sebastian's program was even if we did 5 days, so it won't break my limited budget.
  • Did I mention I'll have 8 hours to myself?

No comments: