there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

The horror of it all!



Does this image strike fear in your heart? Make you burst into tears? Well, it would if you were Mr. Dorian. Yesterday, he came over to me clutching his beloved cube puzzle and promptly started sobbing. "What's wrong?!" I asked, imagining a piece was missing or something.

"That no thing says 'no for 3 years old' and I'm 3 years old! It's no for me! It's no for me...."

Just telling him that it was okay, he plays with it all the time was not satisfactory. Clearly, this little symbol trumps Mama every time. I had to explain that what that really meant was it was not for babies who put toys in their mouths and since he doesn't do that, everything was fine and he could play with it all he wants.

It's hard to be 3 and have rudimentary reading skills.

4 comments:

Crispin H. Glover said...

I looked at this box again today and the top part reads "For children 3 years and older" so even it contradicts itself and is confused.

Flapdoodle said...

I like the universal symbol for baby: a curliquew (?) of hair on top of the head.

dustin said...

I actually translated this for the first time about 6 years ago. it was on a "fart bomb" package (which is a whole other translation issue). what it literally means is "No zero to seven, onionhead." a mystery to us now, but i feel in the future it will make itself apparent, to say the least. we have been warned, in other words.

princess cortney said...

we even put a "no onionhead" sign on our trampoline when we lived in asheville. you gotta spread the word when you get a message like that.