there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, February 5, 2009

For you Listmaker

Since we have a slightly different readership, I thought I'd ask mine on your behalf about the circumcision question.

Listmaker has identical twin boys on the way. Identical. Twin. Boys. What this means is he has two more penises to deal with soon and needs to decide what to do with them.

My 8 loyal readers are parents, grandparents, and baby-free, so there should be a variety of experiences to draw from in answering the question of whether or not to circumcise.

I am staunchly against it. I am not ashamed to admit that my boys are intact. But everyone is entitled to their own opinion.

If you'd like to read it, Listmaker has outlined some of the points involved in the decision making process in his post and has received some interesting responses. (Full disclosure: 3 of those came from this house.)

2 comments:

Listmaker said...

we both have 8 readers? awesome!

Unknown said...

Like you, I am completely against circumcision. I think its a barbaric practice based in misinformation and antiquated social norms. It never had a true medical purpose and it boggles my mind why people continue to support it. Have you ever heard about the foreskin restoration movement? It's for men who are trying to re-grow their foreskins--pretty fascinating: http://www.norm.org/