there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, August 21, 2009

Big doings!

So, guess what? I'm now gainfully employed. That's right. In 2 weeks, I will be a working mom-- you know, as opposed to all the loafing around I've been doing for the last 6+ years.

And here's the best part: It is only 6 hours a week, and it's at the yarn store. So, I will get paid to-- get this!-- knit. Well, when I'm not helping customers and shit. Starting the 2nd week in September, I will be there every Sunday from 11-5.

I did not plan to get a job, but I always thought that if something came around that
  1. did not involve watching someone else's child(ren)
  2. did not require my paying for childcare
  3. didn't involve a lot of office politics
  4. seemed somewhat enjoyable

I would take it. And then last night at knitting circle, Miss Rachel said that if I knew anyone *wink, wink* who would be interested in working on Sundays and had retail experience and happened to be a good knitter who could answer people's questions, I should let her know. I presented the possibility to Jeremy who thought it would be fine, but said it was up to me. And then this morning, Dorian and I went in to hang out and knit during Sebastian's cooking class at the co-op and I told her I would like to do it if she'd have me.

I will be making twice as much a month as Dorian's preschool costs, so I'll have enough left over to hand right back to Rachel for more yarn. Sounds good to me.

3 comments:

jamie said...

i'm already looking forward to Jeremy's new blog: "6 Hours of Hell". updated weekly.

Unknown said...

congratulations!

princess cortney said...

oh i just think that is great. i hope you have a whole lotta fun!!