there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Parallel paths weekend

Jeremy originally wanted to call it the divorce weekend, but that sounds a little inflammatory and would imply that we aren't getting along and I would never want you to think things were anything but peachy keen around here, so "parallel paths" it is.

It was already decided that Jeremy and Sebastian would take a little trip down to 6 Flags on Sunday, leaving me and DeeDee to our own devices for the day since he is too little for, and I get horrible motion sickness on, most rides. Half the time I can barely watch my own knitting needles at work, much less ride a roller coaster.

Then this morning Sebastian and I wanted to go to the lake, but Dorian and Jeremy wanted to go for a hike. Finally we realized that there was no reason why we had to compromise, so I took one kid and he took the other. And it was nice. I got to have some alone time with Sebastian and not have to scan the water constantly for 2 children or deal with one who wants to swim out in the deep part and one who wants to be on the beach. And Dorian got someone to take him to Putney Mtn, a request he has been making for weeks that I have for no real reason been ignoring.

We were a happy foursome again for dinner and grocery shopping this evening, so don't worry. Nobody's going to be asking to crash on your couch. At least, nobody from this house.

No comments: