there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy House-iversary!

Yesterday marked the first anniversary of when we bought our house. Twelve months ago, Christine watched the boys so we could sign our lives away and initial repeatedly to be handed 10 copies of the key to our house. And a very short time after that, we embarked on 11 crazy days of getting the house somewhat ready for us to move in. I'm still working on making the house livable and from what I hear, I will spend the rest of the time that I own it doing so. Fine by me.

And the good news is that the insurance company was satisfied with the purple garage and the fixed window and the invoice for the trim being painted and has graciously allowed us to pay them hundreds of dollars to continue having their insurance. They had our back during that whole sewer pipe debacle, so it's definitely worth it.

So, here's to our half-painted, 129 year old, humble abode-- well worth the expense and effort!

3 comments:

jamie said...

Here's to another 129 days, I mean years!

Crispin H. Glover said...

Hear, hear. Celebrating with 6 different dessert bars was certainly the way to go.

princess cortney said...

you remember we were steaming wallpaper in your room until my birthday. that was a good time. the sad part is, i am not kidding. it was a good time.