there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, August 9, 2009

I finally got my purple fix

The garage is finally done, and since it required the purchase of a second gallon of paint, I had enough left over to do the 2 back doors.

And today we went blueberry picking and I made some nice purple jam. Never did get raspberries, I'm sorry to say. But that's okay. The blueberry jam tasted pretty awesome on the corn fritters I made with my first Walker Farm corn of the year. No better corn in the world. And I also managed to put three bags of kernels in the freezer to enjoy throughout the winter. Good stuff.

5 comments:

dustin said...

oh, you are lucky. i would love some of that corn! well, enjoy it for me too. that actually is a nice purple too, good job.

Hott Mama said...

If I had a way to send you some, you know I would. But we all know it is best eaten still attached to the stalk!

q said...

you have 2 back doors?

Hott Mama said...

The door to the kitchen, and the lesser known/used, not pictured door to the workshop.

princess cortney said...

i absolutely LOVE the purple. that is the color of my dream house. unfortunatley, the tall one says he won't have the whole house painted purple. but maybe purple doors is the way to go. thanks for showing me the way!