there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, August 31, 2009

I need a little more practice with this whole no kids thing


The boys started school today in pants that are too long and with backpacks that are too big. But they were happy and excited. And so was I. Four whole hours to myself on a weekday?! Turns out I don't really know what to do with myself in such a situation.
Allegra and I drove downtown together to meet Amanda, and that's when we found out that the cafe was closed for renovations. So we went to a different cafe and I called Christine and Rosemary who didn't get the message in time, so we never hooked up with them. Long story short: we quickly ran out of things to do. I did find some jeans at the consignment store, but mostly Allegra and I would poke around and then look at each other pathetically and wonder what to do next.
But that's okay. It was our first time and we have a whole year to figure this out. Besides, I don't think I'd have the same problem at home with my endless to-do list. I just obviously cannot be out in the real world alone for that long.

1 comment: