there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

But it's not a coup...

Tomorrow night are the PTA elections for which I have thrown my name in the Treasurer hat. I just received a call saying that I had been elected treasurer.

"But the elections are tomorrow."

"Well, the board had a meeting on Friday afternoon..." And basically decided that they didn't want people running against each other...

"But isn't that what elections are all about?"

And it was determined that the other candidates for the positions "weren't as interested".

2 comments:

Flapdoodle said...

I for one welcome our new ant overlords!

Unknown said...

ooooooh very suspicious! Now that you're one of "them" you need to watch your back. Especially as "treasurer"--who know that that job really entails?