there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Spare tires aren't just for cars

What has happened to me?! I knew I had gained about 8 pounds this winter/spring, and I was chalking it up to a few things
  • not making it to exercise class every week
  • having popcorn and ice cream every night
  • eating too much granola
  • my body's natural reaction to a poorly insulated house with no heat upstairs.

So it was no surprise that my pants felt tight. But then I realized that they are only tight at the waistband. Not in the hips. Not in the butt.

Everything looks exactly the same except that I have the mythical "spare tire" action happening around my waist. Let's hope the 150 crunches I did last night do something to correct this.

1 comment:

Flapdoodle said...

it's time you bought yerself a pair of spanx. fuck the sit ups.