there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, May 24, 2009

Ridiculous weekend

This weekend has been, and will be, busy... but in a nice way.

Yesterday, I went to play "tennis" with Christine and Rosemary which was a total farce. We all got some exercise, but the balls were all over the place. We were fortunate to have the courts pretty much to ourselves so we didn't embarrass ourselves too much. We were all equally bad and half our cardio workout came from laughing. Can't complain about that.

Then I went to Keene where I managed to only get myself some more white thread for the languishing picnic quilt project. There was nothing at TJ Maxx, except a pathetic little episode where a girl snatched a dress off the rack the moment I returned it there and whined to her mother that she "needed" it. I need to stop shopping in the junior's section. Later, Christine and I went out for a drink and that was very nice until this asshole I can't stand decided to sit at the next table, and we cleared out.

Today, we went for a drive to find a diner (success!) and also went over to Shelburne Falls, Massachusetts. It is a cool little town with a Bridge of Flowers which is a pedestrian bridge lushly planted with, you guessed it, lots of flowers. There were beautiful irises, peonies, wisteria, and these awesome things that look like they are from outer space. We also visited the ice cream parlor/candy shop before heading home.

Tomorrow we are having the Flapdoodlers and our Hazzardous friends over for a little lunchtime barbecue/kids carnival. The boys and I made some bean bags with some of my scrap fabric, and Sebastian is working on a line-up of games to play. Should be fun...

No comments: