there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Sorry, Cortmee!

I know you said you wouldn't have a friend who went to PTA meetings... but now you have a friend on the board of the PTA. (I am still your friend, right?)

Luckily, I managed to not come off completely insane since someone else asked the same question I did about whether the other people who were removed from the running had removed themselves, or were tied up and gagged in a back room somewhere. (Something in the middle.)

So, here I am: Treasurer of the impotent little parent group at my son's elementary school. Just what I always dreamed I'd be on the cusp of my 34th year.

1 comment:

princess cortney said...

i will still be your friend. i just hope this isn't a subtle way to get rid of me. i'm like a fungus; i'll never really go away.
and congrats, madam treasurer!