there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, March 27, 2009

I don't suppose I'm stressed...

Last night Jeremy had to come up and wake me because I was screaming at top volume in my sleep. This time it was the Super-Stressed Dream where I'm trapped in a room with no exit (in this case, a bubble room).

I freak out, but don't scream, if it's the Moderately-Stressed Dream where things are falling on my head, such as spiders, kites, fabric, or sticks. The Slightly-Stressed Dream involves driving my car at a fairly slow speed but being unable to stop because the brakes aren't working. I spend the dream trying to swerve to a stop or trying to find a convenient crash location. Clearly, my dreams do not require a fancy dictionary to decipher.

The worst part is that I had the Super-Stressed Dream over the stupid shit going on with the PTA. It's not even anything important! Certainly not worth straining my vocal cords over. Especially not when Jimbama is coming for the weekend and there will surely be lots of RockBand.

1 comment:

Flapdoodle said...

That sounds terrible! It's such a rough time of year in general. I've been having stress dreams, too. Mine always involve trying to catch a flight to London, but I just can't seem to get packed in time. I also have the car dream--my version is the car is rolling and I am in the back seat, can't get to the driver's seat.

agree with you--no need to page dr. Freud for a private session--it's a garden-variety case of burn out for both of us.

hope you had some laffs this weekend.

EP