there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, March 1, 2009

Hey! I saw a movie for grown-ups!

We'll ignore the fact that a certain children's music star was in the film, though. Because he really made no difference plot-wise.

Anyway, I went to see Revolutionary Road which I have been a total failure at obtaining a written copy of at the library or used book store. The library is ordering a copy for someone else, so I have to wait. Which is totally fine.

I enjoyed the movie and managed, amazingly, to not get too sucked into the whole disaffected housewife thing. If we still lived in Outlet Town, I guarantee I'd be bawling right now. But we don't and I'm not. Not that I didn't find the film to be moving, it just didn't make me feel like moving.

Anyway, after the movie ended and the credits started to roll, the women behind me stood up to leave.

Woman #1: That was just weird. And here I've been waiting weeks to see this movie. And it was just... weird.

Woman #2: It just makes you thankful you're normal.

Because being unhappy with your lot in life and having dreams, however unrealistic, is totally abnormal and ridiculous, right?

1 comment:

jamie said...

kaci just read it, so she may have a copy we can send your way. you still at the address on Vine Street?