there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Sunday, March 8, 2009

In your face, groundhog!

I'm going to ignore tonight's forecast for "wintry mix" and the upcoming highs in the 30s to declare spring! Or at least mud season. We've got a lot of mud.

You know what else we have? Buds. Little buds emerging from the millions of bulbs Dorian and I planted last fall. I found 20 little red ones and one big green one. The red ones might be tulips and the green one is probably one of Dorian's "purple puffballs." (I should probably have made some sort of notes about where I planted things, but it might not have been so exciting that way.)

We also have had open windows! Fresh air in the house! And some spring cleaning! The workshop is finally sort of organized and, at a minimum, it is possible to walk across the floor which is a huge improvement. The whole house was vacuumed yesterday morning, and then the dining room a second time after a styrofoam fight the boys had. (I'm the one who lost.)

I don't care if it does get cold again. It was just nice to get the cobwebs out of our heads and corners and let a little sunshine in.

No comments: