there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

I'm the king of the castle... you're the dirty rascal!

So, yesterday, I finally got off my butt and called the fence man who appears to be not only the only game in town, but also in a 20 mile radius. Now, in my defense, I did need to wait until enough snow went away that an accurate measurement could be made. That day had come, so I I made the call which went a little something like this:

Hott Mama: Hi. We are looking to put in a fence on our corner lot. Would it be possible to have you come out to do an estimate?

Fence Man: Ayup. Are you apt to be home of an evening?

As a matter of fact, I am. And I am definitely willing to be home to meet with someone who talks like that! So he told me he'd come by one evening this week, but he'd call to let me know when. (I thought this was particularly gracious of him considering our roof man calls at 7am to let you know he's on his way. Or doesn't call at all and just starts removing my chimney.)

Either evening is earlier than I believe it to be, or he was feeling the economic crunch, or something, but he called this afternoon to ask if he could stop by before 3. He has come (well, his son did), he has measured (again, the son) and now I get to eagerly await the $5 million dollar estimate. As we all know, it will be worth it.

No comments: