there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, March 13, 2009

Why I should not be flipping around on the tee-vee

Last night after 30 Rock, despite crushing exhaustion, I decided to flip through the channels and somehow landed on E!'s Girls Next Door, which is about Hugh Hefner's 3 girlfriends and their comic misadventures. I had never seen the show before, but the 10 minutes I saw last night were pretty eye-opening.

The "girls" were making chocolates for Hef's birthday. And not just any old chocolates either-- chocolates made from molds of one's breasts, one's butt, and one's (obviously shaved) Mons pubis. The girls were shown having the casts made, then painting melted chocolate in the molds. Finally the chocolates themselves were shown. Much blurring occurred.

What was blurred?
  • The girls' actual body parts during the casting process.
  • The offending portions of the molds.
  • The milk chocolate asshole one girl was painting on her white chocolate butt.
  • Later, a large foam sporting-event-style hand Hef was using to flip the bird. (Don't ask.)

What was not blurred?

The chocolate version of the one girl's labia. They censored the mold of the labia, but not the chocolate rendering thereof.

What have I learned? Algiform mold of labia: Bad. Chocolate labia: Good.

2 comments:

Clockwatcher said...

This episode has been on a few times. And why do I know this, you ask? Because the professional chocolatier facilitating the edible naughty bits was none other than my old boss, Jacques Torres.

Hott Mama said...

Now, you and I both know that is not the ONLY reason you are watching that show!

I had to cut it off when decrepit ol' Hef was waving that foam middle finger around. It's just plain sad.