there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, July 27, 2009

He's wasting away...

This afternoon I will be taking Sebastian to the doctor for the second time in about 2 weeks as he seems to be suffering from some sort of Victorian era wasting disease along the lines of consumption or melancholia or malaise. The boy took a 2 and a half hour nap yesterday afternoon after having a full night's sleep and slept all night last night as well. He has been subsisting on chicken and rice soup and yogurt and looking deathly pale. It would all be terribly romantic if it weren't sprawled all over my living room couch. Next thing I know I'll have to bring a wheelchair and blankets to the ocean with us next week.

But don't worry too much. He insisted on attending soccer camp this morning where he earned a green card* for winning a dodgeball style game.

* I haven't yet figured out who is letting a bunch of Brits pass out green cards, but when I do, I'll let you know.

No comments: