there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Plans for some purple UPDATE

Today is going to be all about purple. Well, maybe not entirely, but my purchases today are going to focus on purple.
First, Dorian and I will be heading to the farmer's market to get some raspberries-- I hope enough to make some jam. Every year we get coupons for the market from WIC, which is the awesomest part of that program. I figure I might as well spend them on things I might not normally buy based on their expense. So, first, we stain ourselves purple with raspberry juice.
Then, we are off to buy a wire brush, a sander, a ladder and some purple paint for the garage.

If I don't finish painting our garage in less than a month, we lose our homeowner's insurance. And if I have to paint a garage I don't even use, I might as well paint it purple, right? (The "poolside blue" on the right is the color for Dustin's room.)

UPDATE: I have been totally betrayed by the purported purveyors of purple today. Not only were there no raspberries at market today as I was promised there would be, but the store where I bought my ladder, etc. no longer sells paint for some reason. Boo to all that!

No comments: