there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Attitude maintenance

Somehow, I managed to maintain a good sense of humor yesterday as the problems continued to pile up. After drying off from the rain shower, Dorian and I enjoyed a few lazy hours at home before leaving to get Sebastian. Let Round 2 begin! Ding ding!

First, Dorian decides it is time to nap just as I'm trying to leave. Much persuading later, we arrive at camp to discover that Sebastian's bathing suit is missing. He took it off and then it magically disappeared. No counselor or camper has any knowledge of its whereabouts. Fine. These things happen.

We take a trip to a certain outlet store in the hopes of scoring a $5 replacement bathing suit. No such luck. Despite being late in the season, they are still $10 and ugly. Sebastian announces to the store that he needs to pee, so we detour to the skanky outlet center bathroom and then clear out.

Jeremy was stuck in an 11.5 hour meeting yesterday, so I decide to take the kids to Friendly's. Just before we were going to order our ice cream, Dorian looks a little green. I catch the first wave of vomit in my right hand, while yanking the wax paper out of my "basket" with my left so I can catch the rest in there. How lucky for me that I had boned up on my vomit catching skills the day before! Practice makes perfect. We got our ice cream to go, left a generous tip, and hit the road.

Dorian's bed time last night? 5:40.

We're playing it safe today. Nothing fancy to eat, no real exertion. The stomach acid is spoiling my manicure.

No comments: