there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Batman

We went to see the new Batman movie last night. This is going to be an extremely lame post because everything I would want to say would be a total spoiler for those of you planning on going, and too much evidence of my geekery for those not planning to see it. So, I'll make it brief.

It was very well paced, so it did not seem like 2.5 hours at all. Super cool new toys. Wicked creepy beginning. Amazing make-up. Lots of 'splosions. Fun, fun, fun!

And I'm going to say it: I liked Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes better than Maggie Gyllenhaal's turn. So there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I found The Dark Knight, or whatever it's being called now, had a few cool gadgets and tech, as Batman it better have, but as for the movie itself, wait for the cheap DVD and watch it in HD at home on your computer. You won't be missing anything, especially the poor and overhyped acting performances, and the obvious lack of a plot.

Anonymous said...

Too bad that the "old country" is so slow. But Marc is already excited to see the movie in a couple of weeks.