there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Lucky day

So, yesterday while Sebastian was at camp, a glorious thing happened. I was talking to Christine on the phone (surprise, surprise) when I noticed how quiet my house was.

Dorian tucked himself into bed... and took a nap! A 2 hour nap!

I have not had one child away and one child napping for a year and a half. It was amazing! I did all the cliche Mom things, and one not so cliche thing. Yes, I sat on the couch and watched a little soap opera while having a piece of chocolate. I started and screwed up some knitting. Then, I played Zelda until Dorian woke up.

What a precious time. A time I may never have again. Unless Sebastian actually does go to school and Dorian magically realizes he needs more sleep than he gets...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You used to do that regularly. He's smart like his mama - knows what he needs.

Mom

q said...

thank heaven for small miracles