there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, January 9, 2009

How exciting is this?!

No, not the folded laundry. (Although, that's always a good thing.)
No, not the Dyson. (Super awesome, but not what I'm referring to.)
NO! Not the piles of crap everywhere!

The table! I'm talking about the table!

It's the one I scored on our trip up north last weekend. And I thought I was going to use it for the laptop, but then I needed to do some sewing so I jammed it in the space where the drying rack was, and moved the drying rack next to the dryer and moved the containers next to the dryer next to the washing machine and... well, it was (and still is) a mess, but here's the upshot:

I started the blanket on Wednesday and I didn't feel like finishing it that day, and so you know what? I didn't. But not finishing it didn't mean that I had to pack the sewing machine back in the box or that I would have to leave the machine on the kitchen table, forcing us to eat on the disgusting floor. No, sir, I just left it and the half-finished blanket on the table and returned to the project the next day when I felt like it. That's the way it should be.

Now if only the table were a little bigger...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a big step in the right direction! Congrats!

princess cortney said...

wahoo!