there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, January 5, 2009

It's gettin' there

Last night, the last disc of Big Love season 2 got me through the left front of the baby jacket. It only took me most of 2 episodes and I also finished off the first sock of my pair.

I sort of surprised myself by watching the second season of Big Love since I felt so blah about the first one. But I really liked Margene's character and I love Chloe Sevigny because she's so awesome even if her character is so not. So, here's what happened both times. Both times I enjoyed the beginning of the season and then was less than impressed by the end. And I think the reason for that is that the family dynamic is what appeals to me most about the show and the Juniper Creek/business BS is what I like least. And I think the balance of those two shifts over the season and the end of the season is heavier on what I don't like as much.

That being said, since I am so ambivalent about it, it's perfect for knitting time. I don't really need to pay attention to the screen to know what is going on, but it is interesting enough to listen to while I work.

1 comment:

Listmaker said...

i agree about the family dynamic vs. juniper creek stuff. but i do love me some harry dean stanton.