there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Blue Christmas

So, below you'll find the happy-go-lucky version of our Christmas, which was a very nice one. But I'll admit that I am not the happiest camper right now despite the good in our life. All around me, it seems that people's lives are marred by tragedy and misfortune. I'm not going to get into specifics because it wouldn't be fair. However, these friends and family are dealing with a variety of health issues, money problems, family problems and even death, and there isn't much I can do for them. I feel so powerless. I'm thankful that none of these things are affecting us within our immediate family, so I do have the time and energy to help others instead of focussing on my own stresses. But what can I really do to help? In almost all of the cases, practically nothing. I can listen (when I manage to shut my mouth for 10 seconds), but little else. I would happily help carry their burdens, but it seems that I'm not really alleviating anything for anybody and just letting it all crush me, too. Unfortunately, kissing owies doesn't work in the real world. (Shh... don't tell the kids)
If you are one of the people to whom I'm referring, please know that I'm thinking about you.
Maybe too much.

No comments: