there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, December 24, 2007

I'm worse than the kids

I think that the kids probably forget about Christmas for at least part of the day... but I can't! Chances are I'll be lying awake tomorrow waiting for them to wake up and be excited to see all the gifts under the tree. ( I swear I'm more excited to see them open presents than to open my own. Really.) Normally, if stuff comes in the mail, I'll put the wrapped presents under the tree when they arrive and just add ours Xmas eve when they go to bed. But I think a certain young man in this house would have had too much trouble resisting temptation this year, so everything is in the closet until tonight. So it will be a big surprise tomorrow.
We have a couple of things to put together tonight, which really makes me feel like a parent. And I should probably finish the ornaments I started for them. And I should also mop the floor since I said that would be my Xmas present to myself so I could stop retching every time I enter the kitchen.
But who can think about mopping when it's almost Christmas?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know a certain young woman who is also not very good about resisting the temptation to shake, touch and peek at what's under the tree. You may also want to wait until Tuesday afternoon to take care of the kitchen. I'm not sure if you noticed the mop shaped present in the closet but I think Santa put it there last week.