there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Saturday, December 29, 2007

From chaos comes a hat

Yes, I know it isn't a very exciting hat, but I didn't have my cable needle with me at KidsPlayce yesterday. So it's just your standard stockinette hat with a little ribbing. It's made from this really plush yarn, though, and is very warm and comfy. I'm trying to decide if it needs a pompom. Any thoughts?
I finished it last night while watching Arrested Development (another wonderful Jeremy gift). I don't think I'll ever get enough of this show. This will be my 3rd trip through the series.
I probably seem like a knitting machine these days, and maybe I am. As soon as I finished the hat, my fingers got itchy again, so I started the next panel in the blanket I'll be working on for the rest of my life. It's black and involves a new technique for me: wrapping the yarn around several stitches to make a cluster. I have a feeling I will not be doing this pattern often, or even again. It's kind of a pain. But I do like the way it looks, and I only have to do it for one skein of yarn, so who cares? At least it isn't a whole sweater.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I comment just today that I still can't believe they canceled Arrested Development!
Yes to a pom-pom! Everything is always better with a pom-pom.
K