there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, December 21, 2007

O is for Oedipus

Yesterday, after being pelted with beans from the Don't Spill the Beans game, I felt like I'd had enough. So I told Sebastian and Dorian that when Daddy came home, I would probably need to go out for a little while. Sebastian immediately started protesting, as usual, that I couldn't go anywhere without them, he would be lost without me, etc. I said something about how nobody yells this stuff at Daddy. To which Sebastian replied that Daddy is not as special to them as I am. I asked how that could be and he said Daddy was "a notch below" in terms of being special.

Poor Daddy.

5 comments:

jamie said...

i think the "O" is for "Ouch" - take that Daddy! i think your son just said you could go jump in a lake for all he cares. he won't be laughing when you sell him to the gypsies (or at least threaten to)!

Anonymous said...

I've got the gypsies on speed dial thanks to Allison's old Baltimore connections with them.

Hott Mama said...

You know how I feel about gypsies, so watch it.

princess cortney said...

sad to hear that popa j didn't make it to the top tier. maybe next time....oops. i think he made a horrible mistake. :)
cl

Hott Mama said...

Papa J, as you may recall, is part of "Battle for the Earth." He is not otherwise represented online currently, so he can't have his own link.