there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Thursday, December 20, 2007

Pass the tissues, please... sniffle

Maybe I'm just exhausted from the cold and congestion I've been fighting off for the last week. Or from trying in vain to wrestle some peace and quiet from my days sans nap time.
So, I broke down and let the kids watch Emmet Otter's Jug Band Christmas. And then I broke down and cried.
How could you not with lines like, "Oh, Emmet, stop talking about Christmas. You know we don't have enough for regular days."
It certainly makes me appreciate what we have. And it makes me sad that others are not so lucky. I don't have to knit socks to get pumpkins to bake pies to sell to buy more wool to knit more socks... I can just knit the socks. And for that I'm grateful.

No comments: