there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Best Day

This is the first time that I am not disappointed in the results of a national election I participated in. (And for the record, I have voted in every election available to me.)

I never thought I would see the day that we would have an African American President. When I think of what this must mean to all the black kids I grew up with, and what this means for my own children, I get all choked up.

I may even start saying the pledge again...

3 comments:

princess cortney said...

we were dancing in the street out here with like 100 people last night. not since i spent election night in little rock in 96 have i seen people that happy. i had forgotten what that feels like. it is nice to see people with hope, again. i hope it lasts.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from Germany. Thank God that Bush-era has finally ended. The world needed that change!

Listmaker said...

are you saying you voted for dole in 96?