there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Why is it?

Why is it that:
  • my son's class supposedly doesn't have time for the nature program run by volunteers, but does have time to watch the movie Prancer? (First of all, what?! And second of all, Xmas movies before Thanksgiving?!)
  • I still don't know exactly how many people I am feeding this holiday?
  • the kid in class that Sebastian worships is the one who has: made false calls to 911, climbed onto the roof of his house, allegedly spray-painted on his neighbors' house, and cut school, prompting a search by the state police? (He's a second grader!!!)
  • I decided it would be a good idea to let the kids stay up until 9pm watching commercial television tonight (Charlie Brown Thanksgiving), cutting into my valuable me time?

3 comments:

jamie said...

we're totally going to show up unannounced at like 1pm just to throw another wrench into things.

also, what does it say about me that as we were watching ACBT, i was thinking that his Thanksgiving dinner of toast, popcorn, jelly beans and pretzel sticks sounded totally great?

Hott Mama said...

Show up if you want, there will be more than enough food.

And, while carb heavy, it sounds like a pretty awesome dinner. Also easy to prepare. Especially when you've got that amazing toaster assembly line going.
The question we had was, "Why can a bird and a dog butter toast, but Charlie Brown can't?"

Crispin H. Glover said...

It's funny you mention that, jamie, because before the show aired I told Allison that I always dreamed about having that jellybean and starch dinner. I also didn't remember Peppermint Patty being so damanding or so in love with Chuck. It's always good to revisit these childhood classics to get a fresh take on them.