there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Friday, November 21, 2008

My hands are not so idle



May I introduce Miss Kiki? You may have seen her already over on the boys' blog where she made several appearances in the birthday post. Somehow I never got around to photographing her until now. So here she is! Sebastian specifically asked for a pink kitty with yellow spots and purple eyes. I contributed the striped tail idea, as well as the other yellow detailing. This was supposed to be a Christmas gift, but a rainy birthday afternoon was all it took to whip her up, so she became a birthday present fresh off the needles. Sebastian picked this acrylic/wool blend whose only redeeming feature (in my eyes) was the $1 per skein price tag. I think the color and yarn make her look a little Grannycraftfair, but that does not make her any less loved. It was a real tragedy when I asked to borrow her for an hour and a half to take to knitting group. Rest assured, she came home safe and sound.
The other thing that came home with me was this:



Oh...Malabrigo! I have often lusted after this yarn. It is so plushy and soft! When I finally settle on a pattern, I will be making my next sweater for me with this yarn. Not this color, though. Alas, now is not the time for personal projects, as Christmas is fast approaching. So you may be getting the occasional tease such as this, but I don't want to spoil any present surprises for anyone.

No comments: