there'll be days like this

the children are short, the days are long

Monday, May 19, 2008

After 2.5 years, the first crack emerges

I have been very lucky. Up until yesterday, the boys have had an idyllic life together as siblings. I won't pretend that they never fight (they do) or hit (usually Dorian does) or get annoyed with each other (witness their behavior as they share a couch that should hold 6 of them). But overall, I am much more likely to witness loving, happy, friendly scenes.

And then, it was yesterday. After a bath time ruckus that we will not be getting Jeremy started on, Sebastian came out of the bathroom declaring that he wished Dorian were not alive and that I should have only had him.

I will, of course, be taking this announcement with a grain of salt as this is the child who repeatedly asks for another brother and a few sisters. I can't say it wasn't sad to hear. But I also can't say that I, as an older sister, didn't wish the same thing on occasion. (Sorry, Jack.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

well now it's only a matter of time before they're hitting each other with wiffle-ball bats and pushing each other down the stairs (if you had stairs).

Crispin H. Glover said...

Ahhh, memories.